What is Lay Counseling?
- It is biblically-based counseling offered by First Covenant volunteers, who are trained, but are non-licensed lay counselors. Lay Counseling is short-term counseling, 6-10 sessions, about 50 minutes each.
- This is a free ministry of the church. There are no fees for this service.
- All appointments take place at the church, and all scheduling is done through the church office.
- Lay counseling is not crisis counseling. If you find yourself facing a crisis, please call 911.
- Lay counseling is not a provider of mental healthcare.
Who are Lay Counselors?
- Compassionate members of First Cov
- Volunteers who have been trained by licensed professionals
- Unlicensed counselors
- Skilled listeners
- People who share biblical perspectives in response to personal, marital, or family issues
- People who pray for and support hurting people
Is Lay Counseling for me?
Lay Counseling is for individuals (men, women or couples) and families who are dealing with issues such as: Low self-esteem, family frustration/tension/challenges, loneliness, loss, divorce, confusion, disappointment, discouragement, fear, anger, illness and major life changes.