Congregational leadership is provided by a team effort of the Senior Pastor and our board of elders. Leadership is provided by these twelve men, who possess a variety of natural talents and spiritual gifts. Decisions are made through the wisdom of many counselors in discussion together. All decisions are made by a unanimous vote of the Elders.
We believe Jesus Christ is the head of the Church, which is His body. The responsibility of the Elder Board is to seek His direction in overseeing, guiding and caring for the needs of the church. The duties of the Elder Board require that the following matters are handled with both spiritual competence and fiscal integrity:
- Working with the Senior Pastor to develop and protect the vision of our church.
- Recommending the annual budget to the congregation for approval.
- Presenting a roster of Elder candidates to the congregation for approval.
- Interviewing and approving all applicants for church membership.
- Holding the Senior Pastor accountable for his job performance and his personal godliness, while serving as his close friend, confidant, and supporter.
- Pursuing personal godliness through the study of God's Word, prayer, development of a healthy family life, involvement in ministry and faithful worship with God's people.
- Helping the church maintain a commitment to our five core values and purpose statement.